Event: Gathering at Cherry Point hosted by Lummi leaders–Friday, 9/21 @12:30 PM
Xwe’ chi’ eXen Gathering, Friday, September 21st, Cherry Point
Time: 12:30 – 2:30 (Rain or Shine Event)
(Salmon Lunch Provided)
Please join the Xwe’ chi’ eXen Gathering. The Hereditary Chief Bill James Tsilixw, and Chairman of the Lummi Nation Cliff Cultee, will speak to the importance of working together to honor the ancestors and protect the natural and cultural heritage of Xwe’ chi’ eXen (Cherry Point).
12.30 – Opening Prayer
- Hereditary Chief Bill James Tsilixw
- Words from the Lummi Leadership – Chairman Cliff Cultee
- Water Song Blessing
- Lunch (Music)
2.30 – Close
Directions: Starting at the Silver Reef
• Head west on Slater Rd.
• Right on Lk. Terrell Rd.
• Left on Mountain View Rd.
• Follow Y to the right onto Rainbow Rd.
• Follow straight, turns into Henry Rd
• Left on Gulf Rd./Powder Plant Rd.
• To where it first meets the water
• Park Here.
(10.4 miles – 25 mins )